Puyallup, WA ltralight TP's for 4-6

Gary DeBock

Hello All,

Like Nigel I had some reception from several Asian big guns this morning, with good signals briefly from 594 and 1566 on both the low and high band. The sunrise enhancement from 1310-1320 was primarily a low band show, however, with 594-JOAK quite a bit stronger than anything else.

Around my 1300 start time the high band had the edge, with 1566-HLAZ having good peaks, and 1503, 1575 and 1593 all managing weak audio in and out. 972-HLCA and 1134-KBS were also around with fair signals in the Portland and Vancouver splatter, and the low band Japanese big guns on 594, 693 and 747 were in and out of the noise. Increasing daylight around 1310 boosted 594-JOAK and 693-JOAB up to good peaks, while 603-HLSA's deep voiced male made a ghostly appearance before sinking back into oblivion at 1313. On the other hand 594-JOAK stuck around at a steady good level for about 10 minutes, while the other TP's sunk into anemia. All the Asian signals had crashed by 1330, though, with the high band propagation failing to keep up with that of the low band as daylight increased. At least some of the TP signals had some vitality, however-- unlike a pretty dreary weekend.

594  JOAK   Tokyo, Japan   Japanese male conversation at a good level at 1322

1566  HLAZ   Jeju, S. Korea   Japanese Christian service with a brief good peak at 1259

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
17" FSL antenna

(Heading to Ocean Shores, WA, tomorrow for a two day visit-- not my first choice :-)