Spanish speaking stations

Allen Willie

Hi John,

Welcome aboard our group . I don't speak Spanish myself either but after being here in the North Atlantic for the past 7 years I've sort of  got an ear for Spanish from hearing all the Transatlantics from Spain  here in Newfoundland  nightly.

I've found through my own experience  that  repitition is the key, listening to a Spanish station over several different times for a lengthy period  each time can help.

Even though a person may not fully understand the entire speech, certain words similar to English in amongst the speech tend to stand out as recognizable to the listener.

As John Cereghin in Deleware mentioned the top of the hour at ID time is probably the best time to figure out what  the station is , but  even off the top of the hour I've found through this method of repitition it  has yielded me some great catches as well .

Best of DX

Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland