Re: Has anyone used a component tuner for AM DXing?

mike z

Yes. In the early 60s, my father had a Meissner tuner, and used a TV set chassis for the amplifier. I had no idea of the overall scope of what we was doing, but my father pointed out what states we were hearing. Real listening, no references except White's Radio Logs for IDs.

The next component tuners were bought at Goodwills. All digitals and very broad and gone. The remaining tuner is an ancient solid state, Lafayette, small, with a slide-rule dial. It's stored with either a RS or Lafayette amp. May have to dig it out for old times sake.

Mike  N3PM