Re: Tecsun DR-910-- Another AM-DX Turkey from Tecsun

Gary DeBock

Hi Stephan,

     Thanks for your opinion of the Tecsun DR-910, and the additional information, which is appreciated.

     Besides having the same manufacturer as the E100, the DR-910's width, height, thickness, whip antenna, wrist strap and color are identical to that of the E100.  The recessed side panels are also identical. So, a casual observer could certainly conclude that it has more than a passing resemblance to the higher quality E100 model :>)

     73,  Gary DeBock

In a message dated 2/4/2009 12:35:46 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, sgrossklass@... writes:

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, D1028Gary@... wrote:

> Far from having anything to do with the Eton E100, the Tecsun
DR-910 is
> actually a "Mini 300" in an E100 cabinet.

This set, with FM stereo added, used to be available as Grundig G1000A.
PWBR noted buzzing on MW and lower SW, probably shielding = zilch.

Doesn't look all that E100-esque to me though. OK, you see that it's
from the same manufacturer as the PL200, but still there are plenty
of optical differences left.

Stephan

Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to stocks and so much more.