Re: Pl 360 no audio

Gary DeBock

Hello Phil,

<<<    I guess I should just write it off. I thought maybe the master Gary may have seen this issue and maybe had a fix.    >>>

Sorry for delayed communication, Phil-- investigation, testing and modification of the new CC Skywave have been taking up most of my limited hobby time this week.

If both the speaker and headphone jack of your PL-360 have no audio then your audio amplifier IC chip has probably failed, leaving you without any good repair options. You could pay for a repair which would probably cost more than a new PL-360, or attempt to find a junk PL-360 on eBay that might have a good audio amp IC (a very long shot), after which you would need to track down a technician ready, willing and able to do a tricky circuit board swap for you under extremely tight conditions (an even longer shot). Given the low purchasing cost of a new PL-360 your best option would be to bite the bullet and spring for a new one, bearing in mind that the 7.5" plug in loopsticks transform the humble model into a  paragon of DXing sensitivity.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

-----Original Message-----
To: ultralightdx
Sent: Tue, Dec 30, 2014 10:07 am
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Pl 360 no audio

Thanks Farmerik!
I guess I should just write it off. I thought maybe the master Gary may have seen this issue and maybe had a fix.
If not, you are right, it is time to just bite the bullet and pick up another PL 360. The thing about that is, other then the great antennas that Gary made for me to use with it... I am not a fan of the radio. I particularly do not much like the form factor.

Anyway, thanks again for the response!

Phil

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.