Re: Question for Radio Jay Allen or anyone else who knows...

microcode@...

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 06:23:44AM -0800, policow6@... [ultralightdx] wrote:
I read some reports which said the PR-D15 was less sensitive than the
PR-D5 but my sample was just as hot...the difference is that the PR-D15
sometimes had some issues where soft muting reduced the volume of some
signals, but I didn't' find that a deal killer for me...overall I would
prefer the PR-D15 over the PR-D5 because of its 1KHz Tuning steps, slightly
improved FM selectivity and slightly improved audio, plus a nicer handle.

I have more details on the website.
Thanks, I have read all the stuff on the PR-D15 on your site I can find
including the shootout and the PR-D5 & PR-D15 reviews several times. I just
wanted to clarify a few points.

The SRIII has far, far better audio, albeit mono, but yes, quality
control is a big issue with these and AM has a slightly higher noise
floor than the SRI or SRII...better to snag a nice used SRI or SR II on
eBay...they are usually quite reliable as found. FM on the SR's is not
very selective though.
If I was back home in America I would do that. Here it's too expensive and
too risky and I can't get to my tools so I have to do things differently.
Now it's down to whether a 40 buck (Walmart's prices are going up, ok 50
buck) SRIII + shipping could be a killer deal or whether it's safe to just
cough up 80 bucks + shipping for the D15.

Thanks a lot for the info.