Dave M.

From: D1028Gary@... [ultralightdx]
Sent: ‎Saturday‎, ‎December‎ ‎27‎, ‎2014 ‎6‎:‎54‎ ‎PM
To: ultralightdx@...

Hi Stan (and all),

<<<  My understanding is that the Skywave is a custom build for CCrane.   >>>

That is correct, Stan. Full disassembly here indicates that the CC Skywave is custom built for C. Crane by the Redsun Company in China, with both the RF and Digital circuit boards stamped with the C.Crane name and revision number. There doesn't appear to be any comparable radio currently for sale by any other company, including Redsun itself.

The CC Skywave is also the first Ultralight radio found to be using the new Si4736 DSP chip, which apparently solves both the heterodyne and "soft mute" issues.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

My understanding is that the Skywave is a custom build for CCrane.

5

On Dec 27, 2014, at 4:53 PM, davidin@... [ultralightdx] < ultralightdx@...> wrote:

Is the CC Skywave a Tecsun variant or custom build for CC Crane? There is usually a comparative radio much cheaper from HK with a slightly different build. Sounds promising without the “digititus” for the DSP.