Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 11-26

Gary DeBock

Hello All,

Asian propagation stayed in the tank for one more session this morning, with only weak heterodynes showing up on 972, 1053 and 1566 kHz around 1430. Lacking any real interest in waiting to see if sunrise enhancement would boost up these miserable signals to weak audio levels, the decision was made to bail out early, and use the time more productively-- not just for this morning, but for the mornings to come in what is left of the lackluster "Fall Season."

It has become pretty clear that Asian propagation during our local sunrise period is no longer capable of delivering any signals except the big gun TP's-- and even those usually sound anemic or ghostly when they do show up. Chasing ghostly audio each morning from the likes of 774-JOUB or 1556-HLAZ isn't really my top hobby priority, especially with various antenna projects and receiver modifications on the drawing board. This season's solar activity has really cut down the strength and variety of Asian signals, with only about two good days in September, three good days in October and maybe one this November. The propagation drop off since November 8th has been fairly drastic-- making it seem like the Asian season is heading for an early demise.

I have greatly enjoyed sharing daily TP-DXing reports with Nick, Bruce, Dennis, Nigel, Colin, Walt, Guy and Bill this season, and especially with Richard in Oklahoma-- who amazingly came away with quite a few TP receptions so far inland despite the dreary propagation. I wish Nick the best of luck if he chooses to continue chasing Asian TP signals each morning-- and suspect that he will probably need it! With next year's DU-DXing season unaffected by the solar activity (and even likely to be enhanced by it), it's time to work on new FSL antennas that should track down energetic South Pacific DX on the Oregon cliffs next summer.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick Tecsun PL-380 Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna