Re: Logs from Florida

Gary DeBock

Rob,

David Sharp is great at verifying reception of 585-2WEB... I have a verification letter, an e-QSL, and multiple bumper stickers! Every time I hit the Oregon cliffs I always try to track down a song on 585 kHz, since 2WEB has one of the best signals on the frequency. Dave can verify reception if you have a single song title, and time of reception. Getting QSL's from many DX stations is like Mission Impossible-- but I got one from 2WEB without even trying-- even after I posted an online rant about the UnID Australian music station on 585 kHz that never seems to want to ID (which turned out to be 2WEB, with automated early morning programming). How can you beat that?  :-)

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

-----Original Message-----
To: ultralightdx
Sent: Sun, Nov 23, 2014 12:59 am
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Logs from Florida

Hi Robert

I have been a member of the group for a while and like the whole concept. I still have some big rigs but like fiddling around with portables.

I am currently a member of ARDXC and am the PD at 2WEB radio. Anyone hears the station- I am the contact for a QSL.

I also work as a seasonal contributor to the WRTH. 73s

Sent from David Sharp's iPhone

> On 23 Nov 2014, at 19:12, Robert Ross va3sw@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:
>
>
>> On 2014-11-22, at 9:36 PM, David Potter dlpotter@... [ultralightdx] wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> Greeting, all. I've been a lurker on this list for several years now In fact I was about 2 months into the 90 day challenge when I got sidetracked by a bunch of other things. I have been planning a return to ultralight radio for some time, moreso as shortwave has slowed down some. Consequently, I have re-upped with NRC and IRCA and picked up an "out of box" Sony SRF-M37W on eBay, to replace my SRF-59 which is out of alignment. I like the sensitivity of the new rig, and the trade-off of wider selectivity for digital readout and memories is one that is going well, so far. I presently am located in a semi-rural location, about 10 miles west of Gainesville, FL, home of the University Florida. I'm north of Orlando and the Tampa area.
>>
>> The brief intro: I started DXing in my home town of Key West, FL, when I was a kid. Starting out on MW, I gravitated to SW when I got my first communications receiver as a teenager. Over the years I was more of a tropical band DXer than MW, though I did both. I've heard over 230 countries on SW and over 60 on MW - with a load of QSLs and some logbooks that have survived the years and the moves. I got to know the late John Bryant through NASWA and FT/NU over the years and was glad to run into him again over here. I have been very impressed by the group - your DX loggings and technical material are great. I hope to do my part to help the group and to have some fun along the way.
>>
>> I have almost completed a spreadsheet of my ultralight logs on Excel, and am currently a little over 200 stations heard. I will give you better totals when I have done my QC on the spreadsheet. Below are a few recent domestic logs.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> David
>
>
> David….Hello and Welcome to the ULR Group. Hey……I recognize your name from the Numero Uno/Fine Tuning Days!! I was also a member of both of those Organizations, and I am still a member of NU's Orphan'd Son….DXPLorer!! I have seen many of your logs to NU/FT/NASWA etc from the Old Days. I too was a big Short Wave DXer back into the mid 1970's, and migrated to the NU Group looking for New Thrills after my Buddy, Gary DeBock sent me a SONY SRF-59 back in December of 2007….and the rest is History!! Things have slowed down for me on ULR BCB lately with almost 1100 AM BCB Stations logged…….but I need to get busy and start adding to the Log Book!!!
>
> If you ever get that 90 Day Challenge finished…..shoot the Logs to me……. Gary and I will get you a Fancy "Ross Challenge Certificate" all printed up, so you can Frame it and display it on your DX Shack Wall!! HAHHAHAH……That award was apparently named after me…....thanks to Gary and John Bryant!!!
>
> Glad you have finally decided to let us know you are here and reading the mail….You may recognize another NU/FT name on here from time to time..Dan Sheedy out in California does some ULR Shortwave DXing and posts his logs here from the to time……..There are others too…Guy Atkins, John Fisher and the late Kirk Allen and John Bryant of course. We have a nice base of Old NU/FT guys who have taken up residence on the ULR Group!!
>
> Gary and John did a Great Job attracting established DXers to the Group back when it was formed in 2008…and most of them are still here!
>
> Have Fun with ULR DX….and glad you're here!!
>
> 73………..ROB VA3SW
>
> Robert S. Ross
> London, Ontario CANADA
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo Groups Links
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________
> Want Her Chasing YOU!?
> 1 Weird Trick Gets Girls To Flirt With You Even If You're Ugly& Broke
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3155/54719c90d9c241c903f1cmp04vuc
>

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.