Re: 5" FSL Antenna Construction Project Update

Ryan Martin

I made the mistake of buying the 1200/46 litz from Canada last winter. I was unimpressed with the performance of my 5" FSL with that wire. It was slightly better than my select-a-tenna but worse than my 18" air core loop! So it sat on a shelf unused ever since. I should have listened to Gary when he said don't substitute litz. Live and learn I guess. If anyone wants to buy the remaining 62' of 1162/46 litz(the good stuff) for $50 shipped and insured(US only), please let me know.
Ryan