Re: Grundig Mini 300-- Mini AM Performance

Gary DeBock

Hi John,

     Well, you may be right about hearing Pyongyang-657 on an E100 Slider in Maine :>)  , but sometimes even I wonder about the "ethics" of making Ultralight radios ultra-competitive.  The latest E100 hotrods certainly make it easy to clean up on transoceanic DX, but that probably isn't the main interest of the Ultralight enthusiast group, who properly concentrate on using "basic" receivers.  I will accept 100% of the blame for this vanity trip.

     Anyway, you don't need to worry about using your hard-earned money, to purchase multiple pocket radio lemons (to pioneer an new class of Ultralight Turkey DXing). I already use my $$ to purchase these Turkeys periodically for Shootouts, and would be thrilled to ship the entire Turkey Farm to you, postage paid.  I would even give you a money-back guarantee, that if you are not completely disgusted with the performance of any Turkey, I will cheerfully pay the postage for you to return it to me.

    73,  Gary

In a message dated 2/2/2009 7:08:31 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, jcereghin@... writes:

Gary, you just gave me an inspiration for a new UL DXing sub-section- Turkey Farm UL DXing.  Anyone can pull in North Korea from Maine on an E-100 with a slider (ho hum!) but can I pull in a 50kw blowtorch at 100 miles at night with a UL off the turkey farm?  THAT would be impressive- hi!

But I don't want to waste my hard-earned money pioneering this, tho.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:37 AM, <D1028Gary@aol.com> wrote:

     Shortwave listeners may be attracted to this unit because of the 7 bands and compact size, but AM-DXers should save their money, and avoid this model.  It puts the thrill back into receiving your locals. Further details (and denigrations) are upcoming in the Shootout.

     73,  Gary DeBock

Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to stocks and so much more.

Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to stocks and so much more.