Re: Ultimately

Richard Jones

You're likely to find many answers as to why ultralights. I think that generally this group is all about the "art" and challenge of trying to squeeze the most out of an unusually good portable (for the money) and tricks to make it even better. Anyone (with enough $$$ and time) can haul a Drake R8 and thousands of feet of wire out to a quiet location and have a DXpedition. For some it just feels better to snag rare DX with a $40 pocket radio! Especially if you only have a few moments to get some time in on business travel. Of course we all realize that a radio is only as good as the antenna it is attached to which is why so many of us have "supercharged" our Tecsuns.