Re: which receiver?

microcode@...

On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 07:45:57AM -0700, Myamiphil myamiphil@... [ultralightdx] wrote:
When I got my modified 380, the external connector had been removed to directly connect the external FSL. I reinstalled an external antenna jack and wired it such that the Ferrite antenna is disconected when another antenna is plugged in.

I plan to use it to connect my Sangean external long wire unit or other antenna (active antenna).
Yeah if you don't mind a little surgery then that is certainly the way to
go. But in case Hans isn't ready to slice and dice a brand new radio then it
bears repeating there is no way to disconnect the ferrite rod nor is
there a way to hook up an external antenna for MW or LW on the 310, 660,
etc.

I understand there is a mod for the 880 though. I don't know if it also
requires surgery. There is a youtube video out there somewhere.