From: "microcode@... [ultralightdx]"
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2014 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] which receiver?

But the Tecsuns have the problem that the internal ferrite rod is not
disconnected when you attach an external antenna :-(

> > But do you have and others experiences with electric noise etc? That
> > was also one of my question..

Yes, my office is full of fans and PSUs. And there is a lot of noise. But
like someone else said typically a portable is not going to work well in
that environment, which is why I had suggested a desktop unit and an
external antenna. And see above, Tecsuns don't get less noisy on MW with an
external antenna because the internal antenna is still there picking up
noise.