Re: New station logged 8/31/14

microcode@...

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 02:34:31PM -0400, 'richarda@...' richarda@... [ultralightdx] wrote:
I've managed to log a new medium wave station.
Congrats! ... and ditto.

Hearing Voice of Russia from Grigoriopol, Moldova on 1413 KHz now at 19:30
UTC which is about 1100 miles from my QTH. Have a PL-310 on order but it has
not arrived so this station was logged on a new PL-660. According to WRTH
they're running half a megawatt but the signal is still just above the
noise.

Propagation is improving as it gets later. Signal has come up quite a
bit in the last 5 minutes. Fades in and out in a very long cycle as is
typical for long path MW.

Can also hear BBC's Cyprus relay on 1323 KHz in the evenings pretty clearly
but it is very close.

QTH is SE mediterranean