Re: Receiver sensitivity parameter

Bruce Conti

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:48 PM, mediumwavedx@... [ultralightdx] <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

The modern DSP receivers like the Tecsun PL-380, 310, etc. which employ the Silicon Labs chips, measure and display dBµV as received at the tuned front end across a load, not dBu-dBµV/m. They call it the RSSI indicator, and erroneously mark it as dBµ on the display [Greek 'mu' again]). It is not the same measurement as dBu-dBµV/m, which is derived from volts or millivolts/meter.

Now I'm confused.  Nice description of dBu and dBµV/m, but you lost me by introducing dBu-dBµV/m without explanation.  What is dBu-dBµV/m?

--
Bruce Conti
B.A.Conti Photography www.baconti.com