From: ultralightdx@... [mailto:ultralightdx@...]On Behalf Of huelbe_garcia@...
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:07 PM
To: ultralightdx@...
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Tecsun DR-920 (aka Grundig G1100/Eton E1100) Cheap on Ebay

Hello Guy, friends.

When you said "DR-920" I immediatelly thought, "oh no!"

I have checked the site: DR-920 is physically the same G1100 receiver from
Grundig/Eton site. An search though Internet came a few pics of E1100,
identical to G1100.

About DR-920 I bought one about 1.5 years ago and now it's my dad's radio
:). It's full analog, has a frequency meter and clock. It's not PLL/DDS. Its
sensitivity is weak to poor, but its selectivity is horrible! You can listen
a strong station as far as 30 khz away from its nominal frequency. Still,
it's a nice gift for your dad who listens only to local hard-news stations
:)

So, assuming DR-920 = G1100 = E1100 (and I am confident they are the same
receiver), I don't think they are a replacement for E100.

Huelbe.
Brazil

.