Re: Question about pl380/pl390 volume knobs..

Ken Kizer

I too need suggestions for same decoder problem on my pl390.
Tuner cleaner, or just spin the controls rapidly for a minute or two.
I've done this several times, and it rescues the functions w/o
breaking the pots. I think a film builds up that requires cleaning.

Otherwise, if you're still under warranty, send it back.

Sent from my iPhone

On 29-Jul-2014, at 2:39 am, "cfa@... [ultralightdx]" <ultralightdx@...> wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:12:20 +0200, you wrote:

Hello,

How can volume/tune knobs being used when faulty. Are there ways to
connect the pins of the volume/tune knob, so that they can be tuned?

I have added pictures under

Files---->6 Alignment & Modification---->pl380-pl390 volume tune knobs

Anybody any ideas? A simple try to connect some of these pins, and give
some voltage to the volume knob didn't work ...

Marc
The controls on my 390 get balky when I don't use them enough, or when
the batteries have just about lost power.

Ken