Recommendations for FM DX-worthy Portable Radio

Stephen H. Ponder <stephen_ponder@...>

Each of our local TV news stations here in Houston have been trying to outdo the others with reports about a new mosquito-borne virus outbreak. They say it's not fatal, but it is pretty nasty. One even reported that the infection made the person walk bent-over like he or she were still sitting down. Ugh!

From reading the FM DX reports in our hobby journals and e-mails, I think the TV folks "missed the boat" on the REAL epidemic! There's FM TROPO and E-SKIP everywhere! The only cure is to have a radio worthy of intercepting all those radio waves!!

So, my friends, what PORTABLE radios would you recommend that would have the (1) sensitivity, (2) selectivity, and (3) ergonomics to be FM DX-worthy??

Oh - another qualifier would be that this portable radio would need to be USD $100 or less.

Thanks for your help. I'm beginning to feel another spell of that "boogie-woogie" fever coming on. I gotta find an FM radio that can pick up Pensacola Beach ... or maybe Chattanooga ... or maybe ...

73 & Good DX,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX

"The trouble with trouble is that it usually starts out like fun!" - Anonymous
Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 8.9