From: "Stephen Ponder stephen_ponder@... [ultralightdx]"
To: ABDX ; UltralightDX Yahoo Group
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:18 AM
Subject: [ultralightdx] New FM Log - 99.9 WACO-FM

I know this is not DX, but it was an interesting reception of an FM station with unusual call letters that I wanted to share with the group.

In the wee hours of Tuesday, June 24, 2014, I heard WACO-FM, 99.9 MHz, in Waco, TX, with the syndicated "After Midnite with Cody Alan" show, topping the channel over KSHN in Liberty, TX, at 0201 AM CDT. WACO stayed on top for about four minutes, then took a nose-dive and KSHN was there with monster signals.

The receiver used was my CCrane Pocket Radio in 2.5 kHz bandwidth mode using CCBuds as combo earbuds and antenna.

DISCLAIMER
The following is an unsolicited testimony about the CCBuds earbuds from CCrane. I do not work for CCrane, nor do I receive any compensation for reviewing their products.

The CCBuds from CCrane, IMHO, are worth the extra expenditure. I have significant hearing loss in both ears and the treble emphasis of the CCBuds make it so much easier to DX! Their catalog states that the CCBuds are "designed for talk radio." Other earbuds (like the ones from JLabs or Skull Candy) have way too much bass response for me.

73 and Good DX,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX
Sent from Yahoo! Mail for Windows 8