Subject: [ultralightdx] Spreaders on loop question
To: ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, April 21, 2014, 7:55 PM

I built a 40" loop and noticed it
didn't quite cover the upper part of the am band. I read
somewhere spreaders will help to cover the entire band. So I
added two 3/4" spreaders per side. As the
first wire goes around the box I went under/over the
two spreaders, next side over/under, 3rd side
under/over and 4th side over/under and opposite that on
the next loop around. It now covers from 1640-1710 no
problem. I figured as long as the two parallel sides are
weaved identical it would work. However, after looking at
basket weaves for crystal radios I'm wondering if the
correct way would be under/over on all four sides. Any
recommendations on the correct way to place the
spreaders?Ryan