Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Re: Sangean DT-400W...
To: ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 12:12 AM

I have
two DT-400W radios. Evidently they are the
"older" models because they do not have the "Public Alert"
logo on the front that is shown on the Sangean web page.
I've used my first one so much that the labels on the
buttons have almost totally rubbed off!

I purchased the CC Pocket Radio just after
Christmas last year because I wanted an ultralight radio
similar in design to the DT-400W, but with selectable
bandwidth (2.5/10 kHz) and tuning steps (1/10 kHz). Having
selectable memory pages was an added benefit, too.

HOWEVER - I've noticed in the past month or
so that the last one or two digits in the display of the CC
Pocket Radio are beginning to go bad. The numbers are
fading out and hard to read. ALSO, the radio's speaker
has gone pretty much DOA. This doesn't
affect my DX'ing, since I always use
earbuds/headphones. But, for a radio that costs as much as
the CC Pocket Radio did, I would expect a better-quality
speaker. On a side note, the volume thumbwheel has become
scratchy, but I think that can be resolved with some contact
cleaner.

I've been using the Sangean DT-200V lately
for my late-night DX'ing. It has its drawbacks, but it
holds its own. It's no slouch.

Has anybody else had problems with their CC
Pocket Radio? Would it be beneficial to contact CCrane?

TIA!

73 Good DX,

"In theory,
there is no difference between theory and practice. But in
practice,
there is." - Yogi Berra, Bench Coach, Houston Astros,
1986-1989

Sent from Yahoo! Mail for
Windows 8