Re: MW Station and Frequency References

Rob

John:

Thanks for the FCC link- bookmarked it. Will check out NRC.

I appreciate your help, and the warm welcome here!

rob
--- In ultralightdx@..., "John H. Bryant"
<bjohnorcas@...> wrote:

Rob,

John Plimmer was right on message, as usual. There are two or
three
other excellent resources:

For US stations, the FCC database is definitive and has some times
of
info that the others do not. It is fairly easy to use.
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amq.html Their data on non-USA
stations... there for coordination purposes... is not nearly as
accurate/current as is the USA data

For US stations, again, (and Canadian) the National Radio Club AM
station log is a superb reference, listing formats and other good
data. Its published annually and available from the NRC website
(google) using Paypal.

If I had to restrict myself to one on-line source, it would be the
topaz site that John P. gave you which offers so much (explore BOTH
SIDES) of the main page. I particularly like the search of a
frequency for Call Letters using the fuzzy setting to kick up
slightly misunderstood IDs.
<http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/>http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the Ultralight community. If you have other questions,
just speak up.... we are here to help (and be helped :>)

John B.

At 12:05 PM 1/26/2009 +0200, you wrote:

Rob, as far as books are concerned for IDing MW AM stations the
best for
worldwide use is the WRTH 2009 annual. It is my "bible" and
constantly by my
side. See:
<http://www.wrth.com/>http://www.wrth.com/ - its also available
from
American booksellers and
online at Amazon etc.

However if you are resident in the USA you may want something more
comprehensive and there are various huge lists put out by various
clubs and
bodies - maybe someone else can help you with those addresses.

Also there are various web resources, my favourite being:
<http://www.radio-locator.com/>http://www.radio-locator.com/ and
others like:
<http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/>http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/
plus more that others might give you.