Re: SRF-M37V and SRF-M37W-Performance differences?

Rob

Kevin:
Appreciate the clarification of the M37- live in urban area
(Buffalo,NY area) and have second home 10 miles away- probably not
far enough. And have not soldered in 40 years! May get back to tech
stuff, but not right away. To bad I just missed out on Eton100 NOS
stock sale at Durham radio.

So now considering Sangean 400W- shootout results looked good- anyone
want to comment if they have one???
Rob

--- In ultralightdx@..., satya@... wrote:

Hi Rob:

While the M37V is not the worst selectivity-wise (the true "F" in
this
category is a Radio shack portable currently available, which is so
bad it
only tunes in about 8 different stations, one every 100 khz or
so!), in
stock form the M37V is tough to use in an urban environment.
However, if
you live outside of a strong RF environment, then it works very
well, and
Alan Willie in Newfoundland has set a lot of records with his stock
unit.
I have an M37V with the filter replaced which transforms it into a
new
radio, but if you are not up for that kind of technical task, then
the
M37V/W may not be for you.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

--- In ultralightdx@..., D1028Gary@ wrote:

Hi Rob,

As explained in the full review of the SRF-M37W in the
2008
Summertime
Shootout (posted in the ULR file section of DXer.Ca), its
selectivity (or
lack thereof) is identical to that of the SRF-M37V. In fact,
all
the AM
circuitry is unchanged.

73, Gary DeBock

In a message dated 1/25/2009 7:21:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rob1326@ writes:

New and been lurking awhile. Have a SRF-59 after finding this
group.

Digital display would help, so interested in SRF-M37; and I see
that
the V is replaced by W model. I Have read shootout about
selectivity
issues in the V. Wondering if anyone knows if the SRF-M37W may
be
better in selectivity or any other performance issues, in am
band?

Also, what reference book(s) can someone recommend to identify
am
call
letters, frequency, location of North American and/or World
medium
wave, AM broadcasters?

Thanks,
rob