MW Station and Frequency References

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Rob,

John Plimmer was right on message, as usual.  There are two or three other excellent resources:

For US stations, the FCC database is definitive and has some times of info that the others do not.  It is fairly easy to use.
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amq.html  Their data on non-USA stations... there for coordination purposes... is not nearly as accurate/current as is the USA data

For US stations, again, (and Canadian) the National Radio Club AM station log is a superb reference, listing formats and other good data. Its published annually and available from the NRC website (google) using Paypal.

If I had to restrict myself to one on-line source, it would be the topaz site that John P. gave you which offers so much (explore BOTH SIDES) of the main page.  I particularly like the search of a frequency for Call Letters using the fuzzy setting to kick up slightly misunderstood IDs. http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the Ultralight community.  If you have other questions, just speak up.... we are here to help (and be helped :>)

John B.

At 12:05 PM 1/26/2009 +0200, you wrote:

Rob, as far as books are concerned for IDing MW AM stations the best for
worldwide use is the WRTH 2009 annual. It is my "bible" and constantly by my
side. See:
http://www.wrth.com/ - its also available from American booksellers and
online at Amazon etc.

However if you are resident in the USA you may want something more
comprehensive and there are various huge lists put out by various clubs and
bodies - maybe someone else can help you with those addresses.

Also there are various web resources, my favourite being:
http://www.radio-locator.com/ and others like:
http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/
plus more that others might give you.

Good luck and good listening