From: "Rob" <rob1326@...>
To: <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:40 AM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: SRF-M37V and SRF-M37W-Performance differences?

Gary,

Thanks for rapid response. I was only aware of and had read the First
Shootout results. Great info. in ULR section. Now interested in
Sangean DT400W.

Any suggestions for station id, freq. books?

Regards,
rob

Hi Rob,

As explained in the full review of the SRF-M37W in the 2008
Summertime
Shootout (posted in the ULR file section of DXer.Ca), its
selectivity (or
lack thereof) is identical to that of the SRF-M37V. In fact, all
the AM
circuitry is unchanged.

73, Gary DeBock

In a message dated 1/25/2009 7:21:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rob1326@... writes:

New and been lurking awhile. Have a SRF-59 after finding this
group.

Digital display would help, so interested in SRF-M37; and I see
that
the V is replaced by W model. I Have read shootout about
selectivity
issues in the V. Wondering if anyone knows if the SRF-M37W may be
better in selectivity or any other performance issues, in am band?

Also, what reference book(s) can someone recommend to identify am
call
letters, frequency, location of North American and/or World medium
wave, AM broadcasters?

Thanks,
rob

**************From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in