Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Re: Are we a part of the Amateur / Ham radio hobby?
To: "ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com" <ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 5:38 PM

Yes, there are
amateurs who transmit and receive, and then there are people
who DX LW, MW, SW, FM broadcast, VHF/UHF (scanning), and TV.
Sometimes all of the above, or different bands for different
seasons. All different branches of the radio
hobby.
TV
DXing has become more of a challenge in N. America since the
digital
conversion a few years ago, but I think there are people
still doing it, with elaborate antenna systems, phasers,
signal boosters, etc.
Keith
BeesleySeattle WA
USA

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:13 AM,
"g3gene@gmail.com" <g3gene@gmail.com>
wrote:

We're basically "Listeners" or
Dx'ers. Amateur Radio is understood to be licensed
operators in the Ham bands.
Loosely
speaking, we might be called amateurs, but
"hobbyist" is a better fit.

Gene