From: kevin asato
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:33 AM
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Using a crystal radio for ultralight dxing?

How about the Little Wonder?
http://www.midnightscience.com/kits.html#kit2
definitely shirt pocket size!
73,
kevin
kc6pob

Hi
PaulI
think that would definitely qualify!... for size, weight and
anything else. From what little I have played with crystal
radios, not many stations come thru. But I never did use an
earth ground....But you never know.... Getting outdoors away
from man made noise... maybe a mountain top... or in the
evening.... who knows. You would have to wait for station ID
to find out what you have received... But that's the
challenge. Improving on the antenna / coil can improve the
odds.
Check
out some of these sites. Some of the more sophisticated
radios got some decent reception. The regens can be a bit
tricky t use though.

It
would be a definite challenge for sure.http://www.skywaves.ar88.net/xtal/xtal.htm
http://www.peeblesoriginals.com/index.php