Re: 1120 KMOX received in Fish Hoek, South Africa

Gary DeBock

In a message dated 1/23/2009 8:50:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, freetodx@... writes:

Hi Guys

Great to read about the good T/A conditions in the Northern Hemisphere.

I thought I'd share the surprise barefoot T/A reception of 1120 KMOX, St.Loius via the Sony SRF M37V just over an hour ago. The station made it through to my QTH here in Fish Hoek this morning (24 January) at 0305 UTC with an id and 5 day wx forecast.  I nearly fell off my chair as KMOX is not often heard even via a conventional receiver and Beverage antenna !

At over 13 776 km / 8560 miles this appears to be the most distant of the 9 North American AM stations to make it through barefoot to this part of the world so far.

Thanks to John Plimmer and Gary DeBock for your kind comments regarding the reception / QSL from 1410 KQV.

73

Gary Deacon
Fish Hoek
Cape Peninsula