Re: headphones

Richard Jones

High fidelity headphones are not the best choice for extended listening of distant, noisy broadcasts. Very fatiguing for DXing IMO.  There are headsets specifically designed for communications. They generally de-emphasize the high frequencies where the hiss is and peak around the center of the voice frequencies. I have a pair of Radiosport headsets. They are huge but oh so nice for extended listening. If I were to use high fidelity headphones or earbuds I would have to buy or build some sort of tiny buffer amp that has an equalizer or low pass design.Heil would be another famous maker of Ham headsets to look into as well.

---In ultralightdx@..., <thylton@...> wrote:

What headphones do you guys use>