Re: 1410 KQV Pittsburg PA

Gary DeBock

Hello Gary,

     Congratulations on receiving a great QSL (for your superb logging of KQV-1410, at a distance of over 13,000 km).  That is a very impressive accomplishment, and the distance is only a shade less than the all-time Ultralight DX distance record.  Good luck on more thrilling DX.

     73,  Gary DeBock (Puyallup, WA USA)

In a message dated 1/23/2009 8:48:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, freetodx@... writes:

Hi Folks

Today I was fortunate to receive my first QSL from T/A reception via an ultralight here in South Africa.

The reception occurred at Noordhoek, Cape Peninsula via the Sony SRF-M37V and 220 m BOG. The 5kw signal from 1410 KQV managed to make it through over a distance of over 13 030 km. Also a personal first.

News Director Frank Gottlieb kindly verified the reception and recognised KQV announcer Bruce Sakalik's voice with their station id at the end of my attached audio clip.

Gary Deacon - Fish Hoek - Cape Peninsula - South Africa

www.capedx.blogspot.com

From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay up-to-date with the latest news.