From: Bruce Conti
To: ultralightdx
Sent: Mon, Dec 23, 2013 11:54 am
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Ferrite Sleeve Loop Antennas in 2006?

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM, <D1028Gary@...> wrote:
...after spending over $1 K on the project (mainly to benefit Perseus-SDR DXers), I think it's time that a few others contributed some time and resources to the effort. Alternatively, when two new Tunable FSL designs (15" and 18") are completed this winter, they may prove effective enough in ocean cliff DXing to motivate the SDR DXers to get serious about trying out some new Broadband FSL ideas...

I've tried some experiments in my spare time, although it's not a priority here with terminated loop antennas already performing well.  Necessity is the mother of invention as they say.  Anyway, my experiments have been with a single ferrite loopstick which keeps the monetary investment low.  I assume that if I can widen the bandwidth using a single loopstick, then it would be a relatively simple matter to transfer the design to a higher gain FSL.

--
Bruce Conti
B.A.Conti Photography www.baconti.com