Ferrite Sleeve Loop Antennas in 2006?

Guy Atkins

This evening I was fascinated to see designs on a Russian antenna experimenters forum from the year 2006 onwards that appear very similar to what we've been calling the Ferrite Sleeve Loop (FSL) antenna.

In particular, take a look at images on pages 1, 2, 5, and 11 on this web site from 2006:

If I recall correctly, what we know as Ferrite Sleeve Loops go back to early 2011 (Graham Maynard's controversial article, etc.). Were the Russian experimenters actually moving forward with this basic design years earlier? It would be excellent if someone who understands Russian could take a look at the pages referenced in the above link, and read the original version (not the Google-translated). It would be insightful to know if the text supports what the pictures and diagrams seem to suggest-- that like with Sputnik, the Russians were there first!

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA