Re: Croatia-1134 Received on E100 Slider in Victoria, BC!

Gary DeBock

Hi Mark,

     West coast TA reception on an Ultralight is tough indeed!  Guy Atkins managed to receive Farda-1575 during a Grayland DXpedition on a stock SRF-39FP in November, and Colin Newell heard audio from Croatia-1134 last night on his E100 Slider.  Nobody else has managed to do this (including me).  A first Ultralight TA award for a west coast DXer would be a tremendous accomplishment. (I wonder who will be the first East Coast DXer to manage reception of TP audio on an Ultralight ?)

     73,  Gary

In a message dated 1/23/2009 8:50:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, MarkWA1ION@... writes:

Presumably this TA award would be for west coast DXers ?

TA's are not difficult anywhere near the coast in the New England
states or Atlantic Canada so I'm not sure the award would mean as
much there.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION - Billerica, MA

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, D1028Gary@... wrote:

Hello Guys,

Congratulations to Colin Newell, who tonight became the first
west coast DXer to receive Croatia-1134 audio on an Ultralight radio,
and only the second to receive any TA on an ULR. It's almost enough
to chase away any belief in the Winter Doldrums!

Colin's E100 Slider has been through a phenomenal DXpedition in
Kona, Hawaii, and even after a few minor bumps, has still managed to
perform like the ultimate tiny overachiever, thrilling us with TA
audio reception in Victoria. Wow!

Rumor has it that John Bryant and Rob Ross have a First TA award
available for anyone receiving a TA on an Ultralight radio-- which in
this case would be a FANTASTIC accomplishment. Great work!

73, Gary DeBock

From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between, stay up-to-date with the latest news.