I need soldering help for loopstick/pl-380 mod

Ryan Martin

First, I'd like to thank Gary for the loopstick mod plans and tubing! I managed to build one yesterday and am impressed with the results. However, my soldering looks like crap. I have a 50 watt soldering iron and still wasn't able to heat the wire enough to tin the ends. I ended up melting the solder and just cold soldering it to the board. I want to build another one but have someone do a better job soldering the two connections for me. For some reason, the ugly cold solder connections bug me. I'll probably give the first build to my dad.
So my question is...is there anyone here that is trustworthy, good at soldering and willing to make the two solder connections for a reasonable fee? Of course, I'll prepay the return shipping. I'm going to wait until after the holidays for the second build.
Thanks, Ryan