US AM Database, updated daily: http://mesamike.org/radio/cdbs/amdb.mvc
My Logbooks: http://dxlogbook.gentoo.net/?account=mikew
Reception report and QSL manager for KRSN 1490

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM, kevin asato <kc6pob@...> wrote:

The jack can be used to connect to the radio and can also be used to passively couple a wire antenna to the radio. The manual for the Terk does mention it.
73,
kevin
kc6pob

From: Stan Horzepa <stanzepa@...>
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:19 PM

Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Desktop antenna !!!!

Hi Steve,

The Terk does have an output jack and includes a cable to connect the jack to radios with external antenna connectors.

I have not used the Radio Shack Loop, so I cannot compare it to the Terk.

You're welcome!

73,

Stan, WA1LOU

On 11/7/13, 8:33 PM, Stephen Ponder wrote:
Stan,

I've been reading your comments on the Terk Loop. I have the Radio Shack AM Loop (Model 15-583, if I recall). I don't know how long I've had it, but I've used it with several portable radios with pretty good results.

Does the Terk AM Loop have an output jack on it for connecting it to a radio?

The RS Loop has a 1/8" jack on the rear of its base so that it can be connected by means of a mono patch cord (insulated ones work best) to any radio with an antenna input jack.

This is mainly how I use the RS Loop. I can place the Loop on a platter/lazy susan so it can be rotated for nulls, leaving the radio stationary, which makes it easier to tune.

Have you ever used the RS AM Loop before? I was wondering how the Terk compared to it.

One feature I like about the Terk Loop is that the tuning apparatus forms a "makeshift" ledge at the bottom of the loop against which small portable radios can rest. The RS Loop is smooth all around the inside of the loop, meaning that the radios will slide off with the slightest rotation of the loop.

Thanks for your review of the Terk Loop and for your columns in QST!

73,

Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX

On Nov 7, 2013, at 6:56 PM, Stan Horzepa <stanzepa@...> wrote:

Hi Brian,

I think you will be very happy with the Terk Advantage antenna whatever the price! Tonight I snagged a new one: KBGG on 1700 kHz in Iowa, 1100 miles away using the Terk.

73,

Stan, WA1LOU