Re: Completion of 7.5" Loopstick Tecsun PL-380 Article

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

Hi Gary and all,

Many many thanks for the full article. Although I don't have a 7.5" rod, I hope to build something
based on your design for a shorter one. There may be an issue with my ancient Word 97
on W2K software, but under the title and further down, some interspersed pages appear
blank. It looks as if the text may have no omissions, but I am not sure if anything is missing.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Michael
UK

Your 7.5" PL-380 loopstick article is superbly detailed and clear. Hopefully it will inspire even
the "DIY-challenged"
Ultralight enthusiasts to give it a try.

For those interested, the construction portion of the "Heathkit-like" Tecsun PL-380 Supercharging
article has been completed, and is available for download at
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xr2hkw2o19oy12x/ Before publication in the club bulletins, a short
"testing and operation" section will be added (which is still being written).

Included in the 20-page article are detailed procedures to construct an install either a 7.5"
Medium Wave or Longwave loopstick into the Tecsun PL-380 circuitry, as well as many
Photoshop-enhanced construction photos to make each step as clear as possible. Both of these
loopsticks have been successfully used by many DXers on both the Medium Wave and Longwave bands, and
both of them provide a very major sensitivity boost over the stock PL-380 loopstick.
. . .

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)