Re: My First Impressions on CC Pocket AM/FM Weather Radio

DiamJ

OK, not a clone but we'll call it an upgrade.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, <gkinsman@...> wrote:

Although on AM the CC Pocket has wide/narrow DSP filters and optional 1 kHz tuning, so it's not really a clone of the DT-400W either.

---In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, <ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

The CC Pocket Radio seems to be more a clone of the Sangean DT400W than the Tecsun PL210. My Sangean bit the dust and I replaced it with a Degen DE1105 which does not have NOAA, tunes to 1KHz on the MW band.also has SW. Much more satisfied. The Sangean did receive well but did not have the memory buttons of the CC Pocket otherwise appearance and specs and the LCD display are the same. The Sangean was Yellow not grey and rubberized as the CC Pocket.

To: ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 3:43 PM
Subject: [ultralightdx] My First Impressions on CC Pocket AM/FM Weather Radio

Ultralightdx,
I received a CC Pocket Radio for a birthday gift on Saturday and well.. I'm presently surprised. I won't go into details on specs as that's been covered elsewhere - rather, more on performance in the AM space - I don't use FM.

I live in Western New York State, close to Rochester - This is all barefoot - stock everything - no external antenna. Over the course of 26 hour timespan I logged 101 AM stations. This consisted of a few hours of logging Sat eve, then a few hours Sunday during afternoon daylight, and a third session of 4 hours Sunday evening.

Furthest heard is AM 870 WWL in New Orleans. I Also heard the time ticks from Radio Reloj on a few frequencies - Not unheard of for good radios in my location. - Comparable to my Tecsun PL 310.

Regards,
Gregory

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.