Re: Inside DEGEN DE321 & its QC concerns

CM Lee

Mr Gardner,

I don't believe that Degen and Tecsun are the same company. The company names and locations are different: Tecsun in Dongguan and Degen in Shenzhen.

However, Kaide and Kchibo (who make "cheap" and poor SW radios) are either the same company or the highly afflicted manufacturers to each other, though.

# Additional Information

Sony doesn't directly produce their radios by their own factories. Rather, Sony radios are manufactured by an affiliated company based in Japan, namely Towada Audio. "Made in Japan" Sony radios (e.g. ICF-SW7600GR) are produced in a factory in Akita Prefecture, Japan, and "Made in China" Sony radios (e.g ICF-S10MK2 and SRF-59) are produced in a factory in Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China.

Andy Lee, Seoul

---In ultralightdx@..., <ceo@...> wrote:

I'm pretty sure Degen and Tecsun are one and the same. Maybe they use different factories for different products?

Andy
ZL3APG