From: "rbrucecarter@..."
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 8:45 AM
Subject: [ultralightdx] RE: Proper DXing

Congratulations on your first DX'ing experience!  I think you will have many pleasurable hours exploring what is available on the radio outside of your immediate area. Do not give up if somebody trivializes your accomplishment.  There are some "bad apples" in the hobby that get stuck in the "my DX is farther than your DX" or "my radio is better than your radio".  Do not listen to them, they are small minding people who no doubt engaged in "mine is bigger than yours" discussions in school junior high locker rooms".

I, for one, am grateful that there is no governing body making rules about what is "proper DX" and what is not.  Rules and regulations would drive people just discovering the hobby right out of it when some "older more experienced" DX'ers slam them down and tell they they aren't doing it right

On 2013-10-10, at 7:28 PM, D1028Gary@... wrote:

<<<   But Gary's wife shoots the videos of him on the cliff, which means something precious still lingers...   >>>

Thanks for your "vote," Tony!

Yes, I'm pretty lucky that my wife has accepted my DXing fanaticism over the years. She knew what she was getting into, however-- at our wedding in Hong Kong (1990), her friend VR2XDM was my best man :-)

OK, Rob-- we seem to have split the Kiwi vote!! Andy G. votes for you as more Weird, but Tony W. votes for me. The "election" is rigged against you, though... Theo D. and Tony K. both know how fanatical I can be in chasing Kiwis on the Cliffs... and they haven't checked in yet!! :-)

73, Gary

Well Gary...if the Election is Rigged, it still sounds a lot better than what's going on down there right now with all the Turmoil and Tribulations trying to get the 2 Parties to play nice together!! Thank God you don't have 3 Parties like us....it would be Bedlam.

If you can win the Rigged Election..sounds like a Good Election to me!! It ain't whether it's Rigged or not..it's whether you win!!

Salute..ROB VA3SW