Re: WBT's Digital Test - "Is There Hope For A Digital AM Band?"

Peter Laws

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM, ferrite61 <dxrx@...> wrote:
Is there hope? Maybe your CATV provider will come to the rescue. Most internet radio stations are not relays of real radio stations... just a jukebox of pre-programmed listening based upon your likes. Quite manipulative in theory. Then again most young people cannot watch the video of a movie and listen to a baseball game simultaneously. They need focus on one OR the other.
That would be Pandora, which most of my younger friends (I work at a
university) seem to enjoy if not running a playlist of their own.
iPods have been around long enough that people may be beginning to
forget, and maybe dislike, the interruptions of "real radio".

As someone in this thread (or maybe in the comments of the story that
started this thread) said if a station really wants to be successful,
it needs a compelling product, and right now that's in very short
supply.