Re: Tecsun 380 - Longwave stopped working

Andy Gardner <ceo@...>

The LW range can be switched on and off.

Switch off the radio and hold down the MW/LW button.

EIther "LW ON" or "LW OFF" will appear. If it's "LW OFF" let the button go and then hold it down again until it changes. :^)

You can also adjust the FM coverage the same way (if you're an international jetsetter) with the [FM SET] button.

On 23/08/2013, at 11:51 AM, <aaron@...> wrote:

My Tecsun 380 has always suffered from having "hard to push" buttons.

After a year of light use long wave stopped working. I can get into MW by pressing the MW/LW button, but if I press it too long I get into the scan mode.

I cannot get into LW with the button. Nor am I able to directly enter the frequency. For instance, if I enter 153 <enter> it puts me on 1530 khz.

I tried applying WD-40 to the radio to see if it would clean up the button contact. What else should I do?