Re: Thanks to Gary DeBock for sharing his Cape Perpetua Ultralight Dxing experiences

Gary DeBock

Hello Allen,

Thanks very much for your comments on the recent cliff-side DXpeditions.

It would be great if I could track down exotic DX from my living room on an oceanfront estate in a prime DXing location... but I'm not quite so lucky! :-)

Instead I need to design and build fanatical antennas, go up to some wacky ocean side cliffs and track down weak Kiwis and Aussies-- hopefully before the gale force winds send my gear into the Drink. Some guys have all the luck...

Actually, Allen, I feel very proud to be the #2 Transoceanic DXer in the Ultralight Radio Community, and your fantastic TA-DXing accomplishments have always been a great inspiration to me. Keep up the great work-- and if you ever decide to have a joint DXpedition, I'll save a spot on the sheer cliff for you! :-)

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)