Re: Newfoundland Ultralight Radio Logs June 29

bbwrwy

Allen:

The auroral conditions were subsiding by the time it was dark here last evening. I tried to listen but the northern stations, including 990 CBW, were returning. I noticed some of the TV/FM DXers were experiencing aurora scatter DX.

Other than 1220 Radio Globo, I don't know what Brazilian stations to listen for. Here, that frequency is dominated by 100 kW XEB in México. Surely I will hear South America on an ULR at some point. Too bad they're not on the splits like when I heard them in the early 1970's.

Best wishes for a happy Canada Day weekend and more good DX.

Richard.

Richard Allen,
near Perry OK USA.