Re: Congrats to Gary on the AUSSIE on the Sony T615........

Gary DeBock

Dennis, Rob and Allen,

Thank you all very much for your congratulations on the 531-DU logging.  Unfortunately, the west coast DU experts all say that there are at least two good possible Australians on the frequency, and even a New Zealand possibility.  Since there was no ID heard (only repeated music, with no voice breaks), the station will remain an "unID" until somebody (hopefully me) receives it again on an Ultralight, and hears a positive ID.

Actually,  I'm quite happy to have shown that Ultralight radios are capable of breaking the "DU barrier."  Sooner or later one of the "Northwest Gang" (or maybe a lucky DXer elsewhere) will have a solid ID on an Australian, and I'll be the first to congratulate him.  Nick, Guy, Dennis and Steve all are very capable and experienced in DU DXing, and all have a great chance to hear the first Aussie ID on an Ultralight.  John B. is also coming back to Washington, and is sure to try his luck.  Good luck, guys!

73,  Gary

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.