Re: PL-380 earphone jack

Michael <michael.setaazul@...>

Jerry, this not an uncommon problem with all sorts of
jack-sockets, not just in a PL-380 (although thus far mine
is ok). They don't make'em like they used to :-)

I always push the plug in with tenderness and hope
for longevity. Where possible, I leave the earphone plug
in most of the time. Sometimes you can unsolder it from
the PCB, cut the plastic away and bend the springy contacts
gently back, but this can be tricky and risky in modern radios...

Michael