Newfoundland Ultralight Radio Logs Jan 11, 2013

Allen Willie

Hello To All,

Greetings from a very snowy & stormy Newfoundland. Today we received a ton of snow here and are still digging out.

This morning I noticed that two of the stations in St. John's were off air. 800 and 1210 not transmitting which opened up opportunity to possibly hear a few new ones when the TA's started to roll in.

On breaks from shovelling I was able to log 4 new stations today on the Ultralight.

I'll be continuing to monitor 800 and 1210 this evening and tomorrow morning for any other possible new ones while the two usual stations remain off air.

801 - ENGLAND - BBC Devon Barnstaple 19:33 UTC Jan 11 Weather, web address, BBC Radio Devon ID by man , music
Ultralight Station # 935

801 - SPAIN - Radio Nacional, various 19:44 UTC Jan 11 Spanish talk by man , woman R. Nacional ID
Ultralight Station # 936

765 - ENGLAND - BBC Radio Essex, various 22:16 UTC Jan 11 English accented man with BBC Radio ID then into pop music
Ultralight Station # 937

800 - CJAD - Montreal, Quebec 23:37 UTC Jan 11 TSX stock exchange news, Montreal event promo, Legal ID by man
Ultralight Station # 938

Receiver: Sony SRF-M37W barefoot

Good DX

Allen Willie