Re: Snow on ground enhances AM daytime skip today

Tim Davisson

Guys....Thanks for help.

I don't count a station as logged unless I clearly heard the calls or some other critical info.

73's and holidays' best.

Tim, KD8GZ, in Akron

--- In ultralightdx@..., "gabevee" <gabevee@...> wrote:

WGRB-AM 1390 kHz Chicago, Illinois perhaps? 5KW. But it is west of you.

Or WLCM-AM 1390 kHz Holt, Michigan. 5KW. North/northwest of you. Opposite of S/SE.

The Lynchburg station is WKPA. Doesn't come very close to the call letters you state.

Here is a list of all AM radio stations by call letters. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AM_radio_stations_in_the_United_States_by_call_sign_%28initial_letters_WG%E2%80%93WM%29

Hope this helps.

Gabe

--- In ultralightdx@..., "ferrite61" <dxrx@> wrote:

A good candidate for your 1390 kHz Religious Station is WKPA from Lynchburg, VA. Checking my logs, I don't have this one. AMLOGBOOK indicates 4700 Watts daytime.

Paul S. in CT