Re: Snow on ground enhances AM daytime skip today

ferrite61 <dxrx@...>

It does, as you state. If you were to have the ground staked into the Earth, say 6-8 feet, there is the considerations of "wet" vs. "dry" ground. Moist soil is a better (ground) conductor. Desert soils are generally poor.

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@..., "ceo@..." <ceo@...> wrote:

IIRC resistivity of copper wire increases about 8% when wire temperature goes from 20 to 40 deg celsius.

So antenna Q goes up as the temperature drops?

:)

On 24/12/2012, at 8:47 AM, grinder44203 wrote:

We have about 3" of snow on grassy areas here in NE Ohio today.

So, for the heck of it, at about 1:30pm EST this afternoon, I grabbed my T615 and headphones and picked up 2 new URL radio catches from nearby states: