Re: ccradio twin coil ferrite AM antenna?'s- FARMERIK

d4g7johnson

Have you tried a flat panel with LED backlight?
They are uncommon but I would expect them to be
much quieter in RF output compared to either a
common flat panel (fluorescent backlight) or a
"real" CRT monitor (high voltage flyback).

--- In ultralightdx@..., "renton481" <renton481@...> wrote:

Sometimes computers and radios just don't seem to mix. With my desktop, the biggest culprit is the monitor.

I place my boombox or SRF-59 and loop on the floor about 6-8 ft. away from my computer, and use a headphone with a long cord. It still doesn't eliminate the QRM, but placing the radios any closer to the computer I get hash all over the band.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@> wrote:

This is a popular AM antenna which has been around awhile. I have small passive loops, diamond and rook wound litz loops, 2 and 4 foot air cores, and SONY amplified antennas.

Rather than for DXing, I am more interested in operating a radio next to my computer, and having an indoor antenna some distance away for distant broadcast listening.

Also, I am no longer able to make my own gear, it has to be 'off the shelf'.

Is the CCrane a good choice or is there something else I should look at?

-FARMERIK